S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
简介A senior South Korean diplomat has held talks with the new US special envoy for North Korean human r ...
A senior South Korean diplomat has held talks with the new US special envoy for North Korean human rights and agreed to cooperate in launching a consultative body to better address the rights situation in the North, Seoul's foreign ministry said Tuesday.
Chun Young-hee, director general for the Korean Peninsula peace regime, and Ambassador Julie Turner met Monday and discussed efforts to coordinate over North Korean human rights issues, it said.
Turner, who is currently visiting Seoul on a three-day trip, was officially sworn in Friday, ending more than six years of vacancy at the post.
Chun congratulated Turner on her appointment, saying the two countries could strengthen joint efforts to improve North Korea's human rights situation and hold the North accountable for the issue.
He also proposed launching a consultative body on North Korea's human rights to discuss specific cooperative measures between the two countries, according to the ministry.
The two sides agreed to maintain close communication to launch the consultative body via diplomatic channels at the earliest date possible. (Yonhap)
차준홍 기자최근 북한이 러시아에 보낸 1000개 이상의 컨테이너에 실린 무기가 포탄으로 가정할 경우 수십만 발에 해당하는 규모라고 16일 국방부가 밝혔다. 장기간 전쟁을 수행 중인 ...
Adam Afriyie, a UK member of Parliament, hopes to see UK-Korean trade and economic ties advance to t ...
Breaking away from the traditional portrayal of the iconic femme fatale, Carmen, Seoul Metropolitan ...
- Foreign workers' deaths get weak sanctions
- Seoul shares snap 4
- [Herald Review] ‘Carmen’ redefines iconic femme fatale as stalking victim
- N. Korean envoy vows stronger 'self
- Reeling from election loss, ruling party picks new leader posts
- [Herald Interview] S&P economist tells Korea to brace for worst
- 2023 LoL World Championship to entertain esports fans
- S. Korea wins gold in League of Legends competition; Faker tops podium
- [Bills in Focus] Eased land use within industrial complexes, tackling faulty construction
- Swimmer, gamers celebrate Chuseok with gold medals
- Seoul's financial assistance for egg freezing receives attention from single women
- S. Korea in contention for team medal in women's golf
- S. Korea picks up 1st gold in roller skating
- Yoon hosts luncheon meeting with Korean atomic bomb victims in Hiroshima on Chuseok
- S. Korea to extend $5 mil worth of fertilizer aid to Ukraine via U.S. agency
- Lotte increases efforts to give back to society
- 'We overcame together': NCT127 returns on more solid ground
- Netflix to release ‘Daily Dose of Sunshine’ in November
- SPAF kicks off with boundary
- Voter interest reaches all
- ‘저위험 권총’ 예산 13억 받았지만…결국 ‘38구경’ 더 사기로
- Satellite imagery highlights 'dramatic' increase in N. Korea
- Korean telecom regulator considers W68b in fines on Google, Apple for violating in
- Seoul shares close tad higher ahead of key US jobs data
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of US jobs data
- Hyundai’s decadeslong support for archery pays off at Asian Games
- Elevate fall travel experiences with local specialties
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world