Diplomatic vehicle blessed for safety via Hindu ritual by S. Korean Embassy in India
简介The South Korean Embassy in India has shared a video online where a traditional Hindu ritual is perf ...
The South Korean Embassy in India has shared a video online where a traditional Hindu ritual is performed for a new diplomatic vehicle produced by Hyundai Motor Co. for Seoul's ambassador in New Delhi.
The one-minute-long video uploaded on X, known formerly as Twitter, shows a Hindu puja ceremony being carried out for the embassy's Hyundai Genesis GV80 SUV unit for Ambassador Chang Jae-bok at the embassy compound in New Delhi.
"We are delighted to have a new Hyundai Genesis GV80 as the ambassador's official vehicle and held a puja ceremony wishing for good luck," the embassy said.
In the video, a Hindu priest is seen officiating the ritual, placing flower petals, spraying fresh coconut juice around the vehicle and offering a mantra for the safety of the vehicle and its passengers. Chang is also seen placing flower petals over the hood of the car.
An embassy official said the procedure was carried out for 15 minutes on Sept. 13 (local time) and followed the steps of a typical puja -- using mango leaves to pour water and circling around the vehicle with a diya, an oil lamp that holds sacred prominence in Hindu prayers.
The video has logged over 95,000 views since being uploaded Monday and has received a generally positive response.
"Hope the SUV will accelerate relations between India and Korea to a new zenith," Ajeet Kumar, an editor at India TV, a local news channel, replied.
Another user using the handle @LohaniHansa wrote, "Be rest assured the positive forces are aligned and bring much more glory and closeness between India - S. Korea."
According to the official, the procedure was arranged to express South Korea's respect for the local Indian culture and also provide an opportunity to promote the activities of South Korean companies operating there.
Hyundai made its entry into the Indian market in 1998 and operates a plant in the southeastern coastal city of Chennai.
In February, the embassy made headlines after a dance video by its staff paying homage to Indian smash hit film "RRR" went viral, garnering millions of views and was even shared by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
The embassy has been making efforts to "not only engage in one-sided public diplomacy activities aimed at promoting South Korean culture but also to foster mutual cultural exchange with the aim of understanding and respecting India's unique culture as much as possible," the official added.
SEONGNAM, Gyeonggi Province — South Korea's premier aerospace and defense exhibition, aimed at ...
Hana Financial Group said Tuesday it has signed a preliminary agreement with Saudi Arabia's Exp ...
Rookie K-pop bands rarely remain off the radar for even a month after debuting, but Mimiirose stayed ...
- GOT7’s Youngjae to release 1st solo LP “Do It” next month
- N. Korea scheduled to hold key parliamentary meeting following Kim
- 4th Global Biz Forum kicks off to discuss 'next prosperity'
- [Herald Review] ‘Cobweb,’ a fresh, new wind in the Korean box office
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- 여당, 총선변수에 고심…“쇄신한 민주당과 대결 준비해야”
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- [Herald Interview] Netflix's ‘Devil’s Plan’ expands realm of survival game shows
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- Beef prices have soared 100
- Hyundai Motor shows off air mobility, drone tech at Seoul defense fair
- 오세훈, ‘TBS 폐지’ 묻자 “그런 일 생겨서는 안 돼”
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- [Contribution] Why hope matters in climate crisis
- Another suspect of Tajik duo behind S. Korean money exchange robbery nabbed
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- Political parties call for revision of military exemptions for athletes
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- [Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
- New US special envoy for N. Korean human rights issues takes office, plans to visit Seoul next week
- Seoul to implement alert system to manage overcrowded areas
- 야당, 김행 사퇴에 “사필귀정…사법적 판단 받아야”
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- Le Sserafim becomes house ambassadors for Louis Vuitton
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- Yoon says improved relations between S. Korea, Japan are people's will
- Election watchdog faces calls to apologize after failing security test
- Gwanghwamun's 'woldae' to be unveiled this week after restoration
- 野 “與 보선 참패 후 이재명 전광석화 기소…국민 심판받을 것”