Expressway traffic congestion persists on 2nd day of extended Chuseok holiday
简介Major expressways across South Korea remained congested with heavy traffic Friday morning as many dr ...
Major expressways across South Korea remained congested with heavy traffic Friday morning as many drivers hit the road to spend the Chuseok holiday with their families.
Chuseok, which falls on Friday this year, is the Korean autumn harvest celebration during which people reunite with family members and relatives and visit ancestors' graves. This year's Chuseok holiday runs from Thursday to Tuesday.
According to Korea Expressway Corp., the estimated journey times from Seoul to major cities remained longer than normal as of Friday morning as long queues built up on many sections of southbound lanes on major expressways.
As of 8 a.m., the estimated journey time from Seoul to the southern port city of Busan was seven hours and 20 minutes, six hours and 11 minutes to the southeastern city of Ulsan and five hours and 10 minutes to the southwestern city of Gwangju.
Korea Expressway said highways both southbound and northbound may become extremely heavy with traffic later in the day as many drivers are expected to hit the road to pay visits to ancestors' graves on the day of Chuseok or embark on journeys back home.
Hometown-bound journeys are expected to peak between 1 p.m. and 2 p.m. while return journeys may reach their peak between 3 p.m. and 4 p.m., according to Korea Expressway.
Nearly 6.3 million vehicles were expected to hit the road on Friday. (Yonhap)
김성원 국민의힘 의원이 지난 6월 19일 오전 서울 여의도 국회 의원회관에서 열린 제3회 UCAI 포럼 세미나 : 금융 범죄 예방과 경쟁력 강화를 위한 한·미 AI 협력 세미나에서 ...
South Korean shipbuilder HD Korea Shipbuilding & Offshore Engineering, a subsidiary of HD Hyundai, a ...
The 2023 Seoul Fantastic Beer Festival, which launched Friday, runs until Oct. 15 at Seoul Noryangji ...
- 보란듯 제재 무시하며 국제법 준수?…김정은 활용하는 푸틴의 속내는
- Seoul prepares for first major military parade in ten years
- British MP hopes for enhanced UK
- [Korean History] Divided Koreas hold first
- [Herald Interview] S&P economist tells Korea to brace for worst
- Hospital visits during Chuseok cost up to 50% more
- [Herald Interview] 'UN peacekeeping forces need better gender equity'
- S. Korea’s consumer sentiment turns sour in September: BOK index
- Seoul streets transform to open stage for Seoul Street Arts Festival
- Immersive, digital art shows to enjoy during extended holiday
- [이번 주 리뷰]美 Fed 기준금리 동결…이재명 체포동의안 가결(18~23일)
- Incheon Airport passenger traffic to recover during Chuseok holiday
- 야당 29명 반란, 이재명 방탄 뚫렸다
- 한동훈, 체포안 설명 8분 넘기자…“짧게 합시다” “왜 이리 시끄럽냐”
- 합의문도 없는 희한한 북·러 정상회담…결국 비즈니스 관계였나
- "KTX 꼭 타보고 싶다" 했던 김정은 "만족한 합의"…뭐길래
- FSS issues advisories to fisheries cooperatives federation for W50b investment loss
- Zandari Festa kicks off with local, foreign indie bands
- SK invests in US data specialist Glassdome
- Jeonju International Sori Festival comes to a close with global push
- Seoul shares, won crash amid rising Fed woes
- 사전투표 D
- 한중 축구, 다음선 중국 응원이 91%…‘차이나 게이트’ 논란